Wind Farm News
Join Our eNewsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
• What do wind turbines look like?
• Why do some wind turbines spin, while others next to them do not?
• How reliable is wind energy?
• What happens when the wind doesn't blow
• Are there wind seasons?
• Do wind turbines operate in extreme temperatures / weather conditions?
• How often do turbines require maintenance?
• What does the computer system inside a wind turbine do?
• Is wind energy just the latest energy fad?
• What does it cost to build a wind turbine?
• How does the cost of wind energy compare to other energy sources?
• What is the wind production tax credit?
• What is the impact of new wind plants on the price of electricity to consumers?
• How much land does a wind farm require?
• How much income can a wind turbine generate for a landowner?
• What does an easement cover?
• What impact does a wind farm have on surrounding land?
• Is construction planned around harvest / planting seasons?
• Is there construction traffic?
• How close can you farm to wind turbines?
• What is the shadowing effect?
• What happens when wind turbines are removed?
• What's involved in the permitting process?
• Who is involved in the permitting process?
• Is a power purchase agreement required before construction begins?
• How long does the entire development process take, i.e., from submitting permits to producing electricity?
• What effect do wind turbines have on the transmission grid?
• What are the availability factors and operating reliability of wind farms?
• How difficult is it to integrate wind turbines with utilities?